We are going to hear 7 testimonies of people who God has saved.
- These individuals are obeying Jesus Christ
God wants our testimony to be public and have two
- That Jesus is God and took on flesh
- That Jesus died for our sins
Small Group Sermon Questions:
- Read . How was this a public testimony for these three thousand people?
- Did the baptism save these 3000 people or was the baptism a public testimony of their salvation? Explain.
- What two things are required to make a good testimony according to Greg’s sermon? What does it mean to repent and have belief?
- Take some time and have a few people share their testimony. Have them keep it under 3 minutes and encourage them to focus on their repentance and belief.
- Is baptism optional for a Christian? Use Scripture to explain.
- Share your baptism experience with the group.
41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls. (ESV)
19 And this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?” (ESV)
9 If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater, for this is the testimony of God that he has borne concerning his Son. 10 Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son. 11 And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. (ESV)
18 and saw him saying to me, ‘Make haste and get out of Jerusalem quickly, because they will not accept your testimony about me.’ (ESV)
11 The following night the Lord stood by him and said, “Take courage, for as you have testified to the facts about me in Jerusalem, so you must testify also in Rome.” (ESV)
3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you may be justified in your words
and blameless in your judgment. (ESV)
14 Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.” (ESV)
9 For they themselves report concerning us the kind of reception we had among you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, 10 and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come. (ESV)
40 And with many other words he bore witness and continued to exhort them, saying, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation.” 41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls. (ESV)